Today was an absolutely perfect day!
We got up and S headed to get me a Pumpkin Spice Latte from Starbucks. I love, love, love PSL but rarely get it. I usually get a black coffee with sugar free cinnamon dolce syrup. S called on his way home to see if the kids were awake yet - Kenz was but Mason was not. S said there were two hot air balloons outside toward 290. I went and got Mason up and we all headed out the backdoor to watch the balloon - we only saw one from the back and ended up seeing the other when we chased the first one out the front door! So in the backyard the kids waved to the balloon and Mason was yelling "HELLOOOOOO!" Then I started realizing the balloon was getting lower...and lower...and lower. It got very close to our house and the people in the basket were waving back to us and saying hello back to the kids. It was a really great experience - seeing the kids reactions to the balloon coming closer and the people talking to them.
We hung around the house almost all day. We had the backdoor open and enjoyed the cloudless sky. We watched football out on the patio, the kids played in the hose, I cleaned a bit then relaxed, got some more stuff done, went back outside, etc. After doing "nothing" all day, we went to Clara's birthday party at Cypress Academy. We all had a blast! The Koenig's are amazing people! Finally we ended up meeting Joanne, Rob and Evan for dinner at the usual place, La Hacienda. Now I'm rested and ready to tackle the week. So ready to get my hair done Tuesday!




No comments:
Post a Comment