The A's
Makenzie's first tee ball team
Today was an extremely busy day. The kids had school until 2:00. Then they played outside the school for a bit, we headed to the store, gymnastics at 4:15-5:15, rushed to her first tee ball practice at 5:30 then straight to Amber and Rich's for dinner with Uncle Robert and family at 6:30, then went to Randall's and finally made it home at 8:30. So, when Kenzie just woke up screaming with leg aches, I was not surprised. I rubbed them, gave her tylenol and put a heating pad on.
Okay, back to her first practice. She was so cute!! I imagine she looked like I did when I was little - learning to play. She did everything pretty well with the team. They practiced running the bases. She and Clara did some fielding drills together. I do need to really work with her on watching the ball into her glove and not watch as it ROLL ON PAST HER! She'll get it soon. Rick, Clara's dad, was getting her ready to hit and showing her how to hold the bat...she wasn't quite getting it. I told Rick we thought she would bat as a lefty. He told her just to grab the bat and sure enough, she held just as a left would. It was very natural for her. She got up to the tee and hit the all ball the first time! Okay, so it only went about 2-3 feet but at least she didn't hit the tee. Their first game is on the 21st. I'll have plenty of pictures to post from that!
kenzie and clara held hands everywhere they went. this was taken as they (and the rest of the team) were practicing running from base to base
yep, she's batting as a lefty!
The Astros -
Mason's first tee ball team.
Mason had his first tee ball practice Tuesday. As soon as he woke up Tuesday, he started asking me when it was going to be dinner time so he could play tee ball. His practice was at 5:30, which is our dinner time. He absolutely LOVED practice. He has his own helmet and bat but Kenzie does not. He made sure to tell me several times that we need to go to Academy to get Kenzie her own helmet ... and he said it has to be pink! I can't wait for his first game.
partner drills
made it to first
After two weeks of watching our butterflies strengthen their wings, we took them out back and let them go. The kids were so excited. They laughed and giggled each time one flew away. It was an awesome ending to one of the worst days I've had in a long time.
Getting ready to open the door
I guess this one was still eating from the orange slice
Landed on my finger. Kids didn't want it on theirs




No comments:
Post a Comment